Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Another revisit with a long chain of thoughts.

Just came back from grandma's place.
The place where I grew up as a kid - with aunt chasing after me to finish meals, and also the place where family bonding takes place in the evening when everyone returns.
Just like before, my cousins are now being chased around to finish their meals, do their homework and my aunts are so anxious about their children's education.
They were discussing how to monitor their children's academic performances and stuffs that will bring them the most benefits and assurance. I'm glad my parents don't really have to go through that b'cos I was the eldest and back then, it wasn't that competitive yet. Even so, my mum was already quite strict with me! Imagine now... phew.

Anyways, so I was telling my cousins the same old grandmother's stories like how my mum used to propaganda me. It works for me. I assume it'll work for them too. Apparently, kids these days are harder to propaganda and a lot more stubborn and rebellious. 
They don't have fear of loss. They feel it's okay to fall below others. I don't think it's okay at all. Not now, not back then. I'll never feel it's ok to be less capable and achieved than others.

Oh and.. I can't and don't want to imagine the living standard here 10 years later. 
Will I be earning just enough or.. there're still allowances to spend?
What will happen to my cousins then? Will they be self-sufficient as well?
Few of them.. still age below 10. So young! 
Being young is good. Being young should be carefree. 
When I was younger, I'm sure I enjoyed my childhood at the same time balancing my academics.
They're so different.
I say it's the environment.
It gotta be the environment.

Headache.
Headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home